Please review all registration policies and notices.
The Container Transfer & Cancellation Policy
Your registration applies to the specific course, dates, and location you have chosen. All payments are non-refundable. If for some reason you cannot attend the course for which you registered, you may:
Transfer Your Registration
Transfers are available only when program tuition is paid in full. You may apply this payment to another course or person subject to the following guidelines:
Transferring to Another Course
You can transfer your registration one time to the same course on another date or at another location with these guidelines:
- Your request for a transfer needs to be made at least 14 days prior to the start date of the program for which you originally registered and will be granted subject to availability.
- You can transfer only into a course that occurs within 12 months from the start date of the program for which you originally registered.
- If you registered for a program with a discounted tuition, you may transfer one time and retain the discounted tuition rate.
Transferring to Another Person
You may request that your registration be transferred to another person by contacting a certified facilitator of The Container. Transferring online to another person is not available. Note the following:
- Transferring to another person is contingent on the person having completed any prerequisites for the program and meeting other applicable registration requirements.
- Your request for a transfer to another person needs to be made at least 14 days prior to the start date of the program for which you originally registered and will be granted subject to availability.
- You can transfer your registration to another person only for a course that occurs within 12 months after the start date of the program for which you originally registered.
Cancel Your Registration
- All payments are non-refundable. You may re-register for the same course within one year of the date of your original registration.
- Notice of Important Information, and Health Warnings
- The Container may not be for everyone. You must read the section below carefully and completely to find out if The Container is for you. For additional information, please contact a certified facilitator of The Container.
- You must read the section below carefully and completely.
- We are pleased that you are going to participate in The Container (the “Program”). Many people have found the Program to be an enjoyable and valuable experience. However, the Program is not advisable for everyone. The purpose of this Notice is to ensure that you are not one of the people for whom this Program may be inadvisable.
- We take our responsibility and your safety seriously. Please read each section of this Notice carefully and completely so you can make the right decision for yourself.
- Although the number of people who have experienced any problems during or after the Program is quite small, you should be certain whether the Program is appropriate for you. If you have any questions, please contact a mental health professional. We will assume from your participation in the Program and from your declaration at the end of this application that you have a full understanding of each and every paragraph which follows and that you understand our recommendations and will comply with our instructions.
- You and you alone are responsible for your choice to participate in the Program and for your own health and well-being at all times prior to, during and after your participation in the Program. The Program is a unique course of instruction designed to support people in realizing their best selves and achieving their own personal goals. Through a series of rigorous exercises, open discussions, and voluntary sharing of your experience, the Program provides an opportunity to explore basic questions you have about yourself and to examine many aspects of your own life. The Program offers a unique insight through which people create new possibilities for their lives.
- In the Program, you will examine fundamental issues that have been of interest and concern to human beings. The experience of the Program is unique to each individual and there is no way to predict in advance exactly what you may think or feel. It is normal for some people to experience unwanted or unfamiliar emotions from time to time, such as fear, anger, sadness, regret, hatred, irritation and impatience. For most participants, exploring thoughts and feelings that they have not fully explored before is a useful and positive learning experience. Some participants have found that exploring life’s issues honestly may evoke uncomfortable and unpleasant feelings. For others, the Program may occur as physically, mentally and emotionally seriously distressing. If you are unwilling to encounter any of these powerful experiences in yourself or in others, or if you have any concern about your ability to deal with such experiences, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT PARTICIPATE in the Program.
Some people experience temporary and not seriously consequential stress during and after the Program. For most people, stress is a normal part of everyday life. However, people who have a history of mental illness or serious emotional problems personally or in their immediate family may be more vulnerable to stress and may experience additional and very severe physical, mental or emotional problems. In people who have physical, mental or emotional problems, even normal amounts of stress from any source may generate severe physical, mental or emotional problems. If you have any history of mental illness or emotional problems personally or in your immediate family, whether temporary, occasional or intermittent, and whether treated or not, or have concerns about your ability to handle stress, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT PARTICIPATE in the Program. If you are uncertain about whether this applies to you, we advise you to discuss this with a mental health professional before participating in the Program.
While it is ultimately your choice, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE in the Program if you:
- Have a personal or family history of bipolar affective disorder (manic-depressive disorder), schizophrenia, acute or chronic depression or other psychotic disorder, whether or not you or they are being or have ever been treated or hospitalized.
- Are taking, have taken or been prescribed to take within the previous twelve months anti- anxiety drugs (such as Librium, Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax, Dormicum or others); anti- depressants (such as Elavil, Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Cipram, Prothiaden or others); anti- psychotics (such as Thorazine, Haldol, Stelazine, Risperdal, Zyprexa, Dogmatil or others); any medication to treat bipolar disorders (such as Lithium, Gabapentin or Depakote); any drugs or medicines, whether prescription or non-prescription, intended to treat or affect mental processes or mood or to treat a chemical imbalance; or anabolic steroids.
- Have an unresolved history of drug or steroid abuse.
- Are or have in the past year been depressed and/or considered or had ideas of suicide, self-harm or harm to another.
- Are currently in therapy and your therapist sees a health reason why you should not participate in the Program.
- Are uncertain about your physical, mental or emotional ability to participate in the Program.
The Program is designed for people who clearly understand they are responsible for their own health and well-being before, during and after the Program. It is not therapeutic in design, intent or methodology and is not to be used as a substitute for medical treatment, psychotherapy or health program of any nature, regardless of what you may believe or have heard from anyone. We advise you that the Program Leaders, Staff and people who assist at the Program are not mental health professionals and there will not be any mental health professionals in attendance. If you experience any symptoms or suggestion of mental distress in the Program sessions, during the breaks or at the end of any session, or between sessions, you must immediately inform the Program Leader or the Program Supervisor. In such event, you and the Program Leader will discuss the matter and you will determine what is the appropriate thing for you to do. If you experience any symptoms or suggestions of mental distress outside of the Program, we strongly recommend that you immediately inform a physician or mental health professional. While there is one break in the Program per session, we do not promise that we will always break at a precise time. You are, of course, free to leave the Program room at any time. We suggest that you eat a meal before arriving. You are welcome to bring snacks to eat during the break in the Program. If you have a medical condition requiring you to eat or care for some special need more frequently than the regularly scheduled break, or need special seating or must stand and stretch frequently or have any other special needs, please notify the Program Supervisor before the Program begins so that appropriate arrangements can be made for you.
If you have not been feeling well or if you have been meaning to see a physician or a mental health professional for some complaint, symptom or concern, or if you have had difficulty sleeping lately, or been depressed, it is imperative that you consult with a physician or mental health professional prior to your participating in the Program.
Some people have entered the Program without having had sufficient sleep. For some people, lack of sleep can become a serious problem and may be symptomatic of a mental or emotional illness. If in the past you have become (or think that you may become) ill or seriously distressed because of lack of sleep, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT PARTICIPATE in the Program. If you do not have sufficient sleep or if you have a sleep disorder during the week before the commencement of the Program, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT PARTICIPATE in the Program.
The following Agreements are intended to have legal significance. If you have any questions about their meaning, please feel free to consult an attorney.
In order to promote and respect the confidentiality of our participants and our intellectual property, please read and sign the following:
I understand that (the “Program”) is limited to people who have registered in the Program. In consideration of and as a condition for permitting my participation in the Program, I represent, covenant, warrant and agree that:
- I have registered in the Program under my own name for the sole purpose of participating in the Program.
- I will not publish, broadcast or disclose or assist another person or organization in publishing, broadcasting or disclosing the identity, likeness or actual or paraphrased comments, of other participants in the Program, Staff or people who assist during the Program.
- I will not film, videotape, audiotape or otherwise record, by electronic, digital or any other means, all or any portion of the Program.
- I will not record or take pictures, or assist another person or organization in recording and/or taking pictures of any kind or nature, of all or any portion of the Program or of any participants in the Program, Staff or people who assist in the Program.
- I will not take into the Program room a tape or video recorder, movie or still camera, or any device, electronic or otherwise, intended to record the voice or likeness of any person in the Program room.
I further agree that the provisions of this Agreement shall be enforceable under the laws of California and my breach of this Agreement shall constitute, among other things, a breach of contract and trespass for which The Container shall have the right to full legal and equitable recourse, including injunctive or other extraordinary relief and damages. Any unenforceable portion of this Agreement shall not affect the remainder.
I recognize that my breach of this Agreement will cause The Container and/or the participants in the Program irreparable and substantial harm even though it may be impossible to ascertain the full monetary extent of their financial loss.
Nothing in this Confidentiality Agreement is intended to limit you from sharing your experience of the Program with anyone.
I agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of my participation in the Program (or any of its associated activities), including the interpretation, application, execution, performance or enforcement of any provision of this Agreement or concerning Dan Gordon, his officers, Managers, employees, agents, people who assist and/or other participants in the Program (“The Container”) will be submitted to and determined by final and binding arbitration. This Agreement to arbitrate includes claims that there have been any wrongful acts or omissions in my registration in the Program and the warnings and disclosure, content or delivery of the Program (or any of its associated activities) by Dan Gordon. Any such dispute, claim or controversy shall not be determined by lawsuit or resort to any court process in any court of law or equity, except as applicable law provides for judicial review, confirmation and enforcement of arbitration proceedings and awards. Judgment upon any award rendered in arbitration may be entered in any court having competent jurisdiction and an application may be made to such court for an order of enforcement.
Such arbitration shall take place pursuant to the Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect in the City of Los Angeles and shall be expedited and conducted on successive days before three arbitrators, in accordance with the rules of the AAA then in effect.
I agree that if either party institutes any legal action in any Court not authorized herein, the other party shall be entitled to respond by demurrer or other appropriate response, shall not be required to answer any complaint, and shall be entitled to a dismissal of such legal action. The other party shall be entitled to an award in its favor for the amount of its actual fees and costs of suit.
I understand that The Container is a California company and that this Agreement will be construed and governed by the laws of the State of California. This Agreement cannot be modified unless in writing signed by me and by Dan Gordon.
I also agree that the time in which I may commence arbitration shall not be greater than ninety (90) days following the occurrence of the event or events which is/are the subject of my claim or claims. I understand that if I fail to commence arbitration within said ninety (90) days, I may be forever barred from making such claim or claims against Landmark.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT IN WHICH I FREELY GIVE UP MY RIGHT TO A JURY OR COURT TRIAL.
PROPRIETARY MATERIALS AGREEMENT
BACKGROUND STATEMENT BY THE CONTAINER
The content and presentation method of the Program in which you have registered yourself has been created and developed over a number of years and represent a considerable financial investment on the part of The Container.
As a business, our fundamental and over-arching commitment is to create Programs that offer people, groups, and organizations the greatest personal benefit.
While The Container is committed to providing our programs for the difference they make, at the same time, The Container wishes to protect its investment in the Materials. While you are welcome to share your personal experience of the program and what you got out of the program, we require those who wish to participate in The Container to agree not to sell any form of the Materials, or sell any product or service that is based on or even derived from the Materials, without Dan Gordon’s permission.
I acknowledge that the Materials presented during this Program, either orally or in writing, constitute commercially valuable, proprietary, intellectual property of Dan Gordon, the purchase, creation, design and development of which required the investment of substantial effort, time, and money. I understand that the Materials are the property of Dan Gordon and are protected by copyright, trade secret and other applicable laws, including the laws that govern this agreement, and all rights in the Materials and this Program are expressly reserved by Dan Gordon.
I agree (a) not to reproduce, copy or otherwise duplicate, and not to distribute, lend, or otherwise transfer in any form, the Materials; (b) not to use the materials in any way that would compromise the confidential nature and Dan Gordon’s proprietary rights in of the Materials; (c) not to sell any form of the Materials, or sell any product or service that is based on or even derived from the Materials; and (d) not to assist another to do any of the above.
I agree that this Agreement supersedes any prior agreements I may have regarding the use of the Materials and that, if necessary, I will again obtain Dan Gordon’s written permission before using any materials which I may have obtained permission to use in the past.
I understand that the ability to produce the outcomes participants realize for themselves out of their interactions with the Materials presented in this Program is the product of extensive training on the part of the person leading the Program. Should I wish to present the Materials, or make use of the Materials on any basis (other than for my own personal use) as allowed by what is explicitly stated in the previous paragraphs of this Agreement, I agree to contact Dan Gordon with any such requests.
I have carefully read the Notice of Important Information and Health Warnings and understand the recommendations and instructions. I have been informed to my satisfaction about the general content of the Program and I have had an opportunity to ask questions about anything I do not know or understand. I recognize that it is not possible for Dan Gordon to describe everything that may occur during the Program which generally consists of data presented by the Program Leader; the voluntary sharing of experiences by other participants; and guided exercises or processes.
I acknowledge and understand that the Program was designed for people who clearly understand they are responsible for their own health and well-being before, during and after the Program and who wish to enhance their living skills. I represent that I am not participating in the Program to handle any physical, mental or emotional problems and I fully understand that no portion of the Program is delivered or supervised by health professionals.
I am aware and understand that some people have personally perceived the Program to be physically, mentally and/or emotionally stressful to them. I have been informed that certain persons with no personal or family history of current or previous mental or emotional problems and no history of use of psychotropic or mood altering drugs reported having experienced psychotic episodes following the Program.
I acknowledge and understand that I have been STRONGLY ADVISED NOT TO PARTICIPATE in the Program if:
- I have been diagnosed with an emotional or mental disorder or if someone in my immediate family has a history of emotional or mental disorder.
- I am using or have used psychotropic or mood altering drugs which are listed in the Notice of Important Information and Health Warnings above.
- I am or have in the last year been depressed, contemplated suicide, self-harm or harm to another.
- I have concerns about my ability to handle stress.
- I have or may become ill or seriously disturbed because of lack of sleep or less sleep than I am accustomed to.
- I am unwilling or unable to experience powerful emotions in myself or others.
- I am currently in therapy and my therapist sees a health reason why I should not participate; or I am uncertain about my physical, mental or emotional ability to participate in the Program.
I represent that:
- I know of no reason that I should not participate in the Program;
- I have considered the nature of the Program and have voluntarily chosen to attend and not as a result of coercion, pressure, a condition of employment or to satisfy anyone other than myself.
- I am fully aware of what I am undertaking and that there may be risks associated with the Program. I agree that I am responsible for my own participation in the Program and for my own physical, mental and emotional well being, and that Landmark is responsible solely for the orderly presentation of the Program.
- I willingly and knowingly assume for myself, my family members, executors, administrators, heirs, successors, legal representatives and assigns all risks of physical and mental or emotional injuries which may occur during or after the Program.
I agree to inform and discuss with the Program Leader or Program Supervisor immediately if at any time before the Program is completed, I experience any unusual physical sensation or pain or any mental or emotional discomfort. If, following the completion of the Program, I experience any unusual physical sensation or pain or any mental or emotional discomfort, I agree to notify the facilitator who delivered the Program.
I hereby indemnify and hold Dan Gordon, his officers, Managers, shareholders, affiliates, employees, agents and/or people who assist, harmless from all loss, cost, obligation or damage arising out of my participation in the Program or in other activities or events related to the Program.
The failure of Dan Gordon to enforce any of his rights shall not be construed as a waiver of any of his rights at any time thereafter. If any part or parts of this Agreement shall be deemed invalid or unenforceable, then that part or parts shall be deemed severed from this Agreement and such severance shall not have any effect on the remaining portions of the Agreement.
I acknowledge that my representations and agreements are freely given and are true to the best of my knowledge and are intended to be an inducement to Landmark to approve my participation in the Program.
BY TICKING THE BOX ON THE CONTAINER REGISTRATION FORM THAT STATES “I AGREE TO THE CONTAINER’S TERMS & CONDITIONS. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ.” I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THE NOTICE OF IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND HEALTH WARNINGS, CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT, ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, PROPRIETARY MATERIALS AGREEMENT AND INFORMED CONSENT.
SEXUAL HARASSMENT POLICY
The Container is committed to providing an environment free from sexual or other forms of harassment. Any harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated by Dan Gordon. If you believe you have been unlawfully harassed, you should contact Dan Gordon at (323) 505-9009.